menu

jueves, 30 de agosto de 2012

Introduction to STEM Ambassadors



As I told you, I'm going to explain my experience in the interesting roundtable that I've attended this morning with 15 more professionals, in High Holborn street, in London.

First of all, I need to tell you in what consists the STEM program. In short words, it's a network program which creates opportunities to inspire young people in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics. And my role, as you know, would be in the Science Group. 

Everybody that participates in this program is a volunteer and, as such, volunteering as a STEM Ambassador is our chance to promote ours skills to young learners, actively encourage them to enjoy STEM subjects, and inform them about the unique career opportunities that are available to them. 

Today we've done a short oral presentation about ourselves and the London STEM Ambassadors Manager has expounded during 2 hours different advices that we need to know for our first activity in a school (all of us are required to take part in a at least one activity a year).

In my opinion, this program is very interesting and it is very useful, both of students and for teachers.  

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario